Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My First Boy...the One I Missed. ~Eli~

Remember Shannon? The client who was having a BOY and I missed the birth because I was on the Vacation of Neverending Sickness. Well, it just so happens that I was able to take his newborn pictures the other day.

But first ..... a funny story.

I was SO excited to be doing these pictures of little Eli that I was beside myself. I totally LOVE doing birth pictures, but the newborn pics? Well...let's just say they are the BEST THING EVER!! Oh my word, there's nothing better than a soft squishy newborn! I just love'em! The newborn pictures are like dessert for me ~ the reward after the birth!

Anyway.

I load up all my props, load up Charlotte, secure the other children with my mother-in-law and head on my way. I called Shannon to let her know I was on my way and proceeded to drive the 25 - 30 minutes to her house. I get out of the Suburban, still bebopping along with giddiness, open the back of the Suburban and guess what I realize?

I forgot my camera. Yes. I. Did.

I walk up to her front door, wanting to cry and die of embarrassment all at the same time, and ring the doorbell. She opens the door with this look of excited anticipation on her face and I just want to crumble. I confess to her what I've done and that if she is willing to wait another hour I can run home and grab my camera and be back. She was so awesome and understanding and said it was totally fine with her. Whew.

I get back in the truck, text my friend Keri to tell her I'm the biggest idiot on the planet and then I call Monk. My awesome hubby offers to grab my camera and meet me half way! It is so great that he works out of the house! Long story short: He meets me half way and I am back to their house within 40 minutes.

But really? What kind of photographer forgets their CAMERA for crying out loud! Oy.

Despite my moronic tendencies, Eli's first photo shoot went splendidly! Oh, he was SO adorable! I could have just kissed his chubby cheeks all day long!

Eli_0081

Look at this pucker!! SO cute!
Eli_0007

And my personal favorite... the quintessential squishy baby pose...

Eli_0016

Congratulations Jay and Shannon, you have an absolutely beautiful son!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your squishy sleepy baby! Ha! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete